• Home visits
• Interviews with the prospective adoptive family including children and
other household members
• Observations of the prospective adoptive family’s relationship with
their own children
• Review of legal documents
• Review of health reports
• Review of criminal record from the Division of Criminal Investigation
• Review of abuse and neglect screening from the Department of Social
• Review of collateral information collected
• Review of any other information central to adoption study
DKM Adoption Home Studies
The objective of an Adoption Home Study is to assess the prospective adoptive family's ability to raise a child. The evaluator does NOT place children into care nor makes the final decision in regards to the placement of a child in the prospective adoptive family’s care; this decision lies within the adoption agency. The evaluator’s role is NOT to provide therapy.
Adoption Home Study $1,000.00
Court Time $100.00/hr.
Travel Time Contact evaluator
No Show/Late Cancellations (less than 8 hrs) $100.00/hr.
Background Check Fee $24.00 per person
Possible Fingerprint Fee $0 - $20.00
Post Placement Visits $100.00/hr.
Post Placement Reports $100.00/report
Adoption Home Study Update Contact evaluator
DKM Adoption Home Studies Include: